What is a Content Management System?
A Content Management System (CMS) allows staff to update their own website without the need for a web developer or alterations to code. A CMS is also a powerful Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) tool, as your search engine rankings will improve with frequently changing content. With a CMS it is possible for you to control the following elements of content:
- Images & Graphics
- Page titles and meta data
- Records etc.
Button Web Design is a website design and development company that specialise in providing solutions using the WordPress CMS.
Why Use WordPress?
- WordPress is the most popular website management system on the web
- It is robust and extremely extendable – so that it can be tailored to fit any requirement – now and in the future
- The WordPress administration interface is extremely easy to use – simple and easy to learn for a new user.
- There is also a smartphone app available, so that if you wish, you can update your website while on the move
- Substantially better SEO than other open source systems such as Joomla & Drupal.
- Easy Administration – manage every aspect of your website in the admin dashboard
- Control Your Content – manage your website content with no HTML experience
- Optimised for Search Engines – optimal configuration for maximum search engine exposure (SEO)
- Flexible – thousands of plugins and themes available to help evolve your website
- User Accounts and Roles – customise role capabilities and permissions for greater control
- Customisable Menus – create dynamic drop down menus with hierarchy support.
The brilliant thing about WordPress is that developers are always working to create tools and plugins that extend the usefulness of the system.
WordPress is Open Source (which means it’s free) and you can employ Button Web Design to install, arrange and configure it for you. We really do believe this to be your most professional and cost effective web solution. Read our Blog post on ‘Why You Need a Website Content Management System’ here.